AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday 3 September 2012

The Art of Moving Pictures - The Gilded Lily

The Artist Poster
Just last week the french film The Artist came to the Heron Theatre Beetham, and we went down to watch it. A lovely little auditorium, and an intimate space. I know I'm a bit behind the times, way up here in Lancashire, as most people saw it last year, but I loved it. It was so clever and well put-together - a pastiche of silent movies that still managed to be an excellent example of one itself.
And it showed just how powerful a black and white film could be.

So I'm glad that I chose to use only sepia in the book trailer for The Gilded Lily. The trailer was made by my daughter and her friends who are all animation graduates of Staffordshire University. They provided the actors, the voices and the imagery and put it together for me. Unfortunately they didn't have the mega-budget of The Artist, but I still love it and think it reflects the book wonderfully.

The Gilded Lily Book Trailer Hope you enjoy.





And The Gilded Lily is out on 13th September and available for pre-order in the UK and the US

2 comments: